My Expert Midwife Fantastic Skin Elastic
My Expert Midwife Fantastic Skin Elastic 150ml Stretch Mark Serum
Midwife developed, Mum approved, the My Expert Midwife’s award winning range provides effective solutions to common pregnancy, birth, new mum and new-born issues, to help you feel like you again.
Soothing and hydrating for use during pregnancy and beyond, this rich massage serum offers instant relief for tight, dry or irritated skin anywhere on your body and even helps to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars. When massaged into your bump, this pleasurable skincare routine can also help to ease constipation in pregnancy.
- Instant relief for tight, dry or irritated skin, including itching legs
- Can help to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, plus scars once your wound has healed
- Rich but thin serum glides on easily
- Doesn’t soak into the skin too quickly, so you can massage for longer before reapplying
- Very mild fragrance because we know strong smells can be unpleasant in pregnancy
- Massage gently each day wherever needed (such as abdomen, breasts, arms, thighs and buttocks)
- Massaging the abdomen can assist bowel movement and reduce discomfort
- Store at room temperature
- External use only
- Once opened, Fantastic Skin Elastic can be used for 12 months
Abdominal Massage - massage can be beneficial to help relieve constipation by relaxing the abdomen, reducing discomfort and encouraging regular bowel movements. An effective abdominal massage should take approximately 15min so it's worth getting comfortable so you can fully relax. Abdominal massage can be done lying, sitting or standing so it's worth having a go in a few different positions to find out what works best for you. There are a couple of key points to remember when engaging in abdominal massage.
- Use the flat of your finger, rather than the tips of fingers to massage with. Using tips is too invasive and will feel uncomfortable
- Keep movements below the rib cage
- Allow movements to flow but take your time enjoying and relaxing into your massage
- Reduce pressure when working over the bladder, which is situated below the tummy button and above the public bone.
- Make sure that you massage in a clockwise direction as this ensures you are working in the same direction as the body’s digestive system.
- In terms of pressure, find what is comfortable for you, remembering that you are not aiming to apply great pressure; whilst massaging too lightly may feel 'tickly’ and is less effective for the relief of constipation.