My Expert Midwife No Harm Bum Balm
Midwife developed, Mum approved, the My Expert Midwife’s award winning range provides effective solutions to common pregnancy, birth, new mum and new-born issues, to help you feel like you again.
This 100% naturally derived, ultra-smooth serum takes care of the delicate skin on your baby’s bottom. This rich but simple nappy cream provides gentle, effective relief and protection, and can also help to prevent skin damage and soreness.
- Contains only 5 ingredients, including medical grade lanolin for skin protection and calendula for soothing redness and soreness
- Rich but thin serum that glides on easily onto baby’s bottom without dragging sore skin
- One-handed dispenser is hygienic and helps when managing a crying or wriggling baby
- A little goes a long way
- Use at each nappy change, after baby’s bath or whenever you want to extra protection
- Apply a thin layer of the balm directly to a clean bottom after each nappy change, or as required
- Suitable for use with disposable and cloth nappies (we recommend adding a liner when using a cloth nappy, to avoid build-up on the fabric)
- These natural ingredients can harden in cold temperatures, so stand the pump on a radiator or in hot water for 10 minutes and the contents will soften again
- Once opened, No Harm Bum Balm can be used for 12 months.
Don’t forget to add it to your hospital baby bag checklist, or ask for it for your baby shower!
If you like this product you may also like the My Expert Midwife No Harm Nipple Balm, for breastfeeding
What can you do to help a baby with nappy rash?
If your baby’s experiencing discomfort from nappy rash, our midwives also recommend:
- Avoiding soaps and wipes (just wash with water)
- Limit baths, as this can dry your baby’s skin out
- Patting the area dry gently, using a soft towel, rather than rubbing
- Hanging each soiled nappy or liner without delay
- Using slightly larger nappies for a few days, so there’s a bit of a gap to avoid chafing and so the skin on baby’s bottom can breathe as it heals
- Letting your baby go nappy-free as much as possible until the nappy rash heals up.